There is no public parking at the castle and the nearest parking zones are at Castle Terrace and Johnston Terrace.
Reduced price parking is available at NCP's Edinburgh Castle Terrace car park. Parking tokens must be validated at Edinburgh Castle's audio booth during your visit. The cost is £8 for 12 hours (increasing to £10 from 1st April). This offer does not apply in August.
There are a limited number of spaces for disabled visitors at the castle, please book in advance on 0131 310 5114.
Tours and guides
A complimentary guided tour is included with your entry ticket. These take place throughout the day and are led by our experienced and well informed guides.
Audio guides available in eight languages can be hired on arrival.
The three gift shops each offer their own distinctive shopping experience:
- The Portcullis Shop at the castle’s entrance has the largest range of souvenirs including contemporary and traditional gifts.
- The Whisky and Finest Food Shop has a great selection of Scottish food and a vast array of whiskies.
- The Crown Gift Shop has beautiful jewellery, exclusively designed china and more.
Eating and drinking
Meals, snacks and drinks are available from:
- The Redcoat Café, serving hot meals to scrumptious sandwiches and hot and cold drinks.
- The Tea Rooms which offers lunches, delicious afternoon teas, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
There are four sets of public toilets at the castle. All have baby changing facilities and with the exception of David's Tower all are accessible to people with disabilities.
The toilets are in:
- The ticketing area, on the left through the drawbridge
- The Queen Anne Tea Room
- The Redcoat Café
- David's Tower
You can see their location on our free orientation map, or just ask a member of staff for directions.
As a working military base we have no lockers and cannot store any personal items such as suitcases, pushchairs, prams or scooters. Please ensure that you keep all items with you. Left property will be removed and destroyed if necessary.